Get Inspired by These 11 Standout Quotes from Content Marketing Experts and Creators
Even with a powerful marketing team behind you, it doesn’t hurt to seek wisdom from other expert content marketers.
Content marketing can feel like a perpetual learning process—which is a good thing! As technologies and trends change, you will always have an opportunity to create new and refreshing content that serves your audience in the ways they desire.
Here’s what a few master marketing masterminds have to say about content and appealing to any target audience.
- “Amazing things will happen when you listen to the consumer.” – Jonathan Midenhall, CMO of Airbnb.
- “You can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them.” – Pam Moore, CEO of The Marketing Nutz.
- “Content marketing is like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.” – David Beebe.
- “When people feel insecure about something, they look around for validation. Show them that other people trust you.” – Francisco Rosales, social media marketing coach.
- “People share, read, and generally engage more with any type of content when it’s surfaced through friends and people they know and trust.” – Malorie Lucich, head of product communications at Pinterest.
- “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” – Jon Buscall.
- “Behind every tweet, share, and purchase, there is a person. Care more about the person and less about the share.” – Shafqat Islam, NewsCred Founder and CEO.
- “Never let ads write checks your website can’t cash.” – Avinash Kaushik, digital marketing evangelist.
- “Be specific enough to be believable and universal enough to be relevant." – Ann Handley, head of content at MarketingProfs.
- “‘Build it, and they will come’ only works in the movies. Social media is a ‘build it, nurture it, engage them and they may come and stay.’” – Seth Godin, author and marketing expert.
- “Before you create any more ‘great content,’ figure out how you are going to market it first.” – Joe Pulizzi, content marketer and strategist.