25 Statistics About User-Generated Content You Need to Know
Consumers these days aren’t accepting just any and all content given to them. In today’s world, customers want much more value and quality than what they have been given with traditional advertisements. They’re demanding increased personalization and authenticity, which is why many content consumers are gravitating towards user-generated content.
As marketing strategies adapt to new trends and market behaviors, user-generated content remains effective and appealing to users. Here are 25 statistics about this type of content you simply cannot ignore.
- Millennials believe that user-generated content is 35% more memorable than other media.
- Millennials (ages 25 and above) are the biggest content drivers — contributing over 70% of all UGC.
- 76% of marketers consider influencer engagement effective in garnering customer loyalty.
- 92% of consumers turn to people they know for referrals above any other source.
- 45% of people watch over an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos every week.
- 74% of consumers rely on social media to inform their purchasing decisions.
- 84% of millennials report that UGC on company websites has an influence on what they buy.
- 74% of Millennials said that UGC inspired a purchase decision when booking travel over professional photos.
- 82% of consumers said they were highly likely to follow a recommendation made by a micro-influencer.
- On video platforms like YouTube, UGC fan videos get 10x more views than brand content.
- 89% of people would post about a positive travel destination experience.
- 85% of people would post about a positive restaurant dining experience.
- 56% of consumers say UGC photos and videos are the content they most want to see from brands.
- Ads with UGC generate 5x greater click-through-rates.
- Visitors to websites that include UGC galleries spend 90% more time on the site.
- Millennials use 2 to 3 devices at least once a day to consume UGC.
- 98% of millennials are more likely to engage with a friend’s post over a brand post.
- Spend for social media marketing campaigns have continued to grow over 25% year over year since 2009.
- When an ad has social context, it drives 50% more recall and 35% higher online sales lift.
- Engagement increases by 28% when consumers can view a mixture of user-generated product videos and official brand authored content.
- Businesses make $6.50 for every dollar invested in influencer marketing.
- The consumer demand for UGC in the live gaming industry grows 122% year over year.
- 67% of marketing professionals identify content promotion as the main benefit obtained from working with influencers.
- 87% of brands use UGC for authentic (and free) content.
- Consumers on average spend 5.4 hours per day with user-generated content.